Why try a group?
Group counseling is considered the most effective therapeutic setting for many issues affecting undergraduate students. In a safe and supportive environment, our group leaders help you to:
• Share experiences
• Learn new perspectives
• Experiment with new behaviors
• Develop insights, tools and techniques used to improve your quality of life
While locations and durations vary, groups typically meet 60-90 minutes once a week.
Interested in joining or learning more?
Call the counseling center at 414-288-7172 and ask to speak with an on-call counselor about groups; the on-call counselor will:
• Answer your questions about group(s)
• Explain how you can get signed up for a group
• Direct you to talk about group with your current provider if you are already a MUCC client
• Inform you about relevant group offerings on campus and in the community that are not offered by the counseling center.
Groups may include:
• Taking Action!
• Mindful Living
• ACT for Social Anxiety
• Create Your Own Calm
• Men 2 Men
• LGBTQ+ Support and Discussion Group
• Whatever it Takes: Sobriety Group
For descriptions or more information, please contact the counseling center 414-288-7172 or visit the website: http://www.marquette.edu/counseling/
For more information contact: Sara Thor, email@example.com