Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design is pleased to continue its partnership with Komatsu Mining Corporation to exhibit MIAD student and alumni artwork. Work will be held at their new facility and gallery located at 401 East Greenfield Avenue in Milwaukee, WI. The gallery, known as the Mohr Room for Art, allows MIAD students and alumni to participate in a professional exhibition at Komatsu, while providing them with hands-on experiences such as selling their work and creating site specific proposals with Komatsu in mind. Two dimensional (2D) works, or works that can be hung on a wall, that can be conveyed as fine art will only be accepted at this time. The gallery will bring awareness of the talent that exists within the Milwaukee community and share it widely with Komatsu’s employees, clients, and others.
Application Period :
September 8 – October 10, 2022
• $300 Honorarium for finalists
• Opportunity to sell work through the duration of the exhibition
• Finalists notified by October 27, 2022
• Exhibition opens early November 2022
• Exhibition closes early May 2023
All applicants must provide the following to be considered:
• Current Artist Biography
• Images of 1-2 works for consideration for the gallery ( Installation shots are encouraged; diptychs, series, etc can be submitted as a singular work ), including media and dimensions.
• Project Statement for each proposed work.
• Estimated value of each work regardless if it will be available for sale.
• Detailed installation instructions for each proposed work.
Please send any questions to Monica Miller
For more information contact: Monica Miller, email@example.com